Sri Lanka High Commission is a diplomatic mission of group of Sri Lankans, officially representing a country's government in other country. The main work of the commission is to transmit message of its home government to the other government, where it is located and vice versa. Apart from several objectives such as visa approval, passport renewal, report of birth, death, adoption, etc., our embassy aims at exploring the business opportunities for Sri Lankans in the Indian markets. With dedication and absolute transparency, the commission is helping people of its country to set the trade of Garments, Tea, Stationery, Spices and Coconut Oil in Delhi and various other parts of the India. Sri Lanka is extensively famous across the world for its spices and coconut oil that are processed and grown under hygienic conditions. The honorable High Commissioner of Sri Lanka with this commission works towards arranging cordial discussions of several issues that are of bilateral importance for the both countries. Some other tasks of the commission are:
- Informing the Sri Lankan government about the important economical, political, social, military and other events happening of the India.
- Preparing international treaties & official state visits
- Promoting our own economy, science and home culture in the host country
- Setting & renewing passports and other official documents
- Reporting Deaths, Births, Adoptions, Marriages, Divorces, etc. happened of the Sri Lankans in the India
- Informing our own citizens living abroad about the contemporary social security scenario
- Handling the military formalities
- Controlling all the Srilankans to be liable to military service
- Helping our own people in distress or other emergency situations
- Giving permit of entry visas to the foreign citizens
- Informing Sri Lankans about immigration-, residence- and work permits.